January 9, 2021
O Radiant One: You shine within us, outside us — Even the darkness shines when we remember you. —Neil Douglas Klotz, Prayers of the Cosmos
In this Epiphany season of the new year, you are warmly welcome to come on retreat for a community time of remembering, renewing, and awakening, embraced by the light of Cosmic Love. The day will offer a gentle rhythm of prayer, silence and sharing, all open to the ever-creating, living Presence of the Radiant One.
• Date: Saturday, January 9, 2021
• Time: 10a-4p Eastern Time
• Location: Zoom (a link will be sent out once we receive your registration and payment)
• Fee: $50 (please let us know when you register if you need financial assistance)
• Registration: Email Nat Reid at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ann Dean, long-time retreat leader and spiritual director, a member of Dayspring Church, and Program Director for the Shalem Institute for Spiritual Formation.
• Robbin Brent, Director of Publications and Resource Development for Living Compass, founder of Wisdom Way of Knowing, and a graduate of Shalem’s Transforming Community Program.
Blessed be the longing that brought you here and quickens your soul with wonder. May you have the courage to listen to the voice of desire that disturbs you when you have settled for something safe. May you have the wisdom to enter generously into your own unease to discover the new direction your longing wants you to take. May the forms of your belonging—in love, creativity, and friendship— be equal to the grandeur and the call of your soul. May the one you long for long for you... May you come to accept your longing as divine urgency. May you know the urgency with which God longs for you. —John O’Donohue, To Bless the Space Between Us
Zoom retreats are online silent retreats. They usually consist of an opening session with a reflection by the leader, an optional midday session, and a closing session which includes a time for small group sharing. A Zoom link will be sent to you when you register for the retreat.